Wednesday, May 12, 2010

K-Strass



This is funny for so many reasons. But I think it's interesting how fake the newscasters are. Both in the videos with K-Strass and in the pitiful attempt to save face that I just posted. I'm developing a theory that awkward situations usually happen when a fake persona that we're projecting suddenly hits a wall in which it doesn't know how to carry on. E.G. the newscasters here are focused so much on having a good segment that all their attention is focused on their newscasting theatrics that all of a sudden they realize that K-Strass here isn't actually a yo-yo master, that they've been mocked and that goes against their fake persona they're projecting of "competent newscaster" and so they panic, reboot, and try to escape the situation with a transparent "we're having some difficulties" instead of acknowledging the "elephant in the living room". Then, because there is an "elephant in the living room" and everyone person knows it and since they don't acknowledge it because they're still trying to project the fake "competent newscaster" persona, the situation is awkward because at that point the newscasters are completely transparent to everyone watching.

I'm convinced most awkward situations are created because of "elephants in the living room". (I just learned that term but it fits so well that I continue to use it).

The best thing to do in that situation is to figure out a way to project that you are in touch with your surroundings and acknowledge whatever unstated fact is creating the situation. If you are being fake you won't be able to do this effectively. Just one example of human stress created by lack of honesty.

Also it's funny that they continue in their transparently fake personas in this follow-up video when they try to get the upper hand again with their stinging voice inflection (notice when he says the word "zim zam") but they still just look like jackasses. They also try to show how they were playing the sympathy card. I'm not buying it. You just look fake. You did then, you do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment