Friday, November 19, 2010

late night web browsing leads me to this reflection about my life, Vol. II

Some days this song just hits the spot for me.

The Roots - Now or Never

Everything's changing around me
And I want to change too
It's one thing I know
It ain't cool being no fool

I feel different today
I don't know what else to say
But I'mma get my shit together
It's now or never

When I look into the mirror and see my own image
I feel like there's something else far in the distance
Something I wanna see, but something that's resistant
And everyday the hurting is growing more persistent

I never noticed it before, but now I can't miss it
And the constant pounding is driving me ballistic
I ran from it for years, but it's still next to me
And it's growing stronger, taking even less of me

I can't fight it now, I know it's just destiny
And I just wonder what's gonna happen when it catches me
Will it leave me face down in the Chesapeake?
Or will it just start bringing out the best in me?

But is the best in me really just the worst in me
And if so, yesterday could be my anniversary
In sinner's court, sip port and have church with me
I'm trying to get rid of these ghosts that's cursing me

I'm feeling change is an absolute certainty
Cause what's coming on is a state of emergency

No comments:

Post a Comment