Thursday, July 1, 2010
Oh, Provo
Lately I've been noticing how everyone, EVERYONE, coming from all spectrums of the social realm make derogatory Provo remarks. I think that there are more people who mock Provo stereotypes than there are actual existing instances of Provo stereotypes. I think the things we mock are increasingly becoming things that don't actually exist but we all talk about them like they do exist because we hear others talk about it and it seems like they could exist, but in reality, if we opened our eyes and went searching, we would find that there are very few actual instances of those behaviors. Or maybe not very few, but they definitely aren't a majority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is an excerpt from my diary last night: "I feel happy and settled in Provo." I know what you mean though.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I found some books about graphic design. Come to the desk on Tuesday and I'll show you.
When we're in Provo it is easy to act in such a way... but all we have to do is step outside and we find that those things that we call annoying and stupid and strange in Provo are either existent in the outside as well, or they're just replaced by things that truly are worse. Humans are quick to complain, but slower to truly see the good [sometimes I'm guilty].
ReplyDelete