Sometimes when I hear inspirational analogies I think, oh that's nice. But then I start thinking, wait, why I should I believe that I have any likeness to a X thing? Let me give you an example. I recently read this, "Before you grow you first need roots" (No offense Whitney). And then I started thinking about what that possibly meant and how that could help me grow.
Then I thought, wait a minute, why should I believe that my ability to grow as a person has any similarity whatsoever to the physical growing process of a plant?
And I don't have the answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ha, not offended, at least not much. I guess I could have been more specific. I thought about writing a long essay type thing on the topic of having roots and grounding yourself, but then decided to be brief instead. But I spent a lot of last night thinking about my position, physically and how I've felt flighty and split living in wisconsin and thinking about having roots here and feeling balanced in order to be able to learn the things I need to learn in my time at home and wish for the days before or behind me.
ReplyDelete